Based on the much-loved novel by Ian McEwan, author of Atonement, and brought to the big screen by director Richard Eyre, The Children Act is a compelling and powerful drama telling the story of Fiona Maye played by Emma Thompson, an eminent high court judge presiding over ethically complex cases.
As the demands of her job cause her marriage to Jack, played by Stanley Tucci, to reach tipping point, Fiona is asked to rule on the case of Adam played by Fionn Whitehead, a brilliant young boy who is refusing a life-saving blood transfusion on religious grounds.
With her private life in turmoil, Fiona finds herself drawn into the case, taking the unorthodox step of halting proceedings in order to visit Adam in hospital.
As the two form a profound connection and powerful emotions come to light, Fiona’s judgement is put to the test with momentous consequences as she must ultimately decide whether Adam lives or dies.
The Children Act will be in Irish cinemas from August 24th.
IndulgeMe is offering three lucky readers the chance to win a copy of The Children Act book to celebrate the release of the upcoming movie.
For your chance to win this prize simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Share this competition on Twitter or Facebook:
Step 2: Enter your details below
Terms and Conditions
– Closing date for entries is midnight August 27th
– Overall winner will be announced at 10pm, August 28th
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for IndulgeMe ezine updates and the competition promoters ezines.
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age.
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary.
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury, which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of IndulgeMe.
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
– Employees or agents of IndulgeMe, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.