After WellFest revealed their bigger and better new home at The Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin 8, we knew that the organisers of Ireland’s first and largest health, fitness and wellness festival would be back with a very, eh, strong, line-up for the 2018 edition.
We weren’t wrong. Today, TV Presenter turned fitness guru Davina McCall and ‘Lean in 15’ famed Joe Wicks, aka The Body Coach, were announced as headline acts for WellFest 2018.
Taking place on 12th and 13th May, with more to be added over the coming months, this year’s line-up already features a stellar cast of fitness stars:
– Presenter turned fitness guru and the UK’s number 1 fitness DVD franchise, Davina McCall
– ‘Lean in 15’ famed Joe Wicks, aka The Body Coach
– Best-selling author and entrepreneur Ella Mills, founder of Deliciously Ella
– Hollywood celebrity trainer of E!’s ‘Revenge Body’, Simone de la Rue aka Body by Simone
– Personal trainer and fitness influencer Bradley Simmonds
– London based doctor, personal trainer and best-selling author Hazel Wallace, best-known as The Food Medic
– Barry’s Bootcamp Master Trainer Faisal
– Yoga teacher, personal trainer, author and creator of the Vertue Method, Shona Vertue
– Personal trainer and model Toby Huntington-Whiteley
– Nutritional health coach and cookery author, Madeleine Shaw
– Personal trainer and best-selling author Alice Liveing (formerly known as Clean Eating Alice)
– Yoga sensations Patrick Beach, Move Yo Asana and Julie Montagu
– Best-selling cookery author and healthy food and lifestyle enthusiast Roz Purcell
– Performance psychologist Gerry Hussey
– London Harley Street nutritionist and cookery author Rhiannon Lambert
– BOSH! vegan bloggers
– GP Rupy Aujla of The Doctors Kitchen
So, what’s new for WellFest in 2018? It will be its biggest yet with a total of 12 stages, including a dedicated mental fitness stage, curated by performance psychologist Gerry Hussey.
In addition, there will be a new area dedicated to spinning led by McSport – the exclusive distributor of spinning bikes in Ireland.
Commenting at today’s launch, Katie Ryan, WellFest Co-Founder said: “Following a sell-out festival last year, we’re excited to be back with our strongest line-up to date. With the support of our presenting partner KBC and other partners, we’re bringing some of the most inspiring people in the health and wellness industry to Dublin this May.
“With the change of venue to The Royal Hospital Kilmainham, WellFest is growing. It really is a reflection of the interest there is in health and wellness across the country. The new location will also mean the festival will be more accessible to people outside of Dublin, with trains and the Luas within walking distance.
“This year, the expansion of popular areas such as WellKids, WellMind, WellFit, WellVillage and our food offering means that – more than ever before – WellFest really has something for everyone.”
At the line-up announcement today, WellFest and KBC revealed they are also partnering on a ‘warm-up wellness’ programme, a 30-day plan, featuring advice and tips on nutrition, mental health and fitness, with full details of the warm-up programme to be announced in the coming weeks.
Weekend and day tickets for the festival are on sale now on www.wellfest.ie.